Facial redness and vascular issues are among the most common skin problems. According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), over 300,000 people sought treatment for vascular issues last year. These issues can contribute to the appearance of aging, and they can cause facial redness as well as discolorations seen through the skin. Vascular problems can occur all over the body but are most common on the face, chest, arms, and legs. These veins can cause a variety of problems ranging from an unsightly complexion to physical discomfort. In extreme cases, vascular issues result in more serious medical problems. At Timeless Plastic Surgery, we offer an assortment of vein therapies to treat your facial redness, spider veins, and varicose veins.
Identifying Vascular Conditions
- Redness of the face that mainly occurs on the forehead, cheeks, and nose
- Appears as facial blushing, flushing, tiny red bumps, and/or fine red lines
- Often mistaken for rosy cheeks or a sunburn
- Most common in patients of Caucasian descent with light skin tones
- Caused by the dilation of small blood vessels in the face that show through the surface of the skin
- Red or blue veins visible close to the skin’s surface
- Appear similar to tree branches or spider webs with short, jagged lines
- Commonly occur on the legs and face
- Painless but unsightly
- Caused by blood blockage, hormonal changes, sun exposure, and injury
- Red, blue, or purple veins that swell against the skin’s surface
- Appear as twisted, bulging cords
- May cause the surrounding skin to darken
- Often cause aching, pain, throbbing, and cramping
- Caused by damaged one-way valves that allow the backflow of blood
Laser LimeLight Facial
- Non-invasive treatment for skin tone and surface imperfections
- Used to treat mild rosacea and spider veins
- Offers customized settings to target various pigmented areas of the skin
How It Works
A Laser LimeLight Facial can treat your face, neck, and chest by selectively targeting brown and/or red pigmented areas of skin. The laser produces a ray of energy that heats the veins, causing their lining to become tacky and close. These veins are eventually absorbed by your body. There is minimal pain associated with this procedure, but you may experience a mild pinching sensation in the treatment area. The typical Laser LimeLight Facial treatment takes less than one hour to complete. Multiple treatments may be necessary to achieve ideal results.
Immediately following the procedure, your skin may appear red and swollen. This can last anywhere from a few hours to a few days. Makeup may be applied to mask any resulting redness. Over a period of one to three weeks, the appearance of your veins will begin to fade.
While the Laser LimeLight Facial can permanently destroy the presence of veins, it cannot stop the formation of new ones. To maintain your results and minimize the recurrence of new visible veins, always apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen and avoid direct exposure to sunlight. Rosacea is a chronic illness and cannot be cured, but symptoms can be improved with laser therapies.
- Non-invasive treatment for facial redness
- Treats the nose, forehead, cheeks, and neck
- Ideal for treating rosacea and mild spider veins
- Doesn’t require anesthetic
How It Works
Laser Genesis™ works by heating the veins, which causes them to close. Your body then absorbs the destroyed vein. This treatment also stimulates collagen production deep within your tissue, which plumps and smooths the skin. Laser Genesis™ treatments are pain-free and relaxing.
One major benefit of Laser Genesis™ treatment is that there is virtually no recovery time. You may experience slight redness following your procedure, but you can immediately return to your normal activities. Redness may be covered with makeup, and your skin should be protected with sunscreen.
Multiple treatments may be necessary to achieve your aesthetic goals. To maintain quality results, avoid direct sun exposure and always wear sunscreen.
CoolGlide® Vein Therapy
- Non-invasive treatment to eliminate mild to severe spider veins
- Tailored treatment settings
- Treats the face, neck, arms, and legs
- Offers customized settings to treat dark, light, or tanned skin
How It Works
CoolGlide® Vein Therapy uses pulsed light energy that targets specific veins and coagulates the blood. This procedure destroys the targeted blood vessels, which the body absorbs. Blood flow is redirected to deep veins that lie below the skin’s surface. CoolGlide® features a unique design that utilizes long wavelengths, which allows for the treatment of all skin tones. CoolGlide® can also be used to treat blood blisters and port-wine stains. With the use of a topical anesthetic, treatments are virtually pain-free.
Following your treatment, you may experience some slight redness and bruising around the treatment site. Minor pigmentation may develop around the site of larger veins, but this only lasts a few weeks. You should avoid vigorous activities for 24 hours and protect your skin by using sunscreen.
Most patients see noticeable results after two weeks, but it may take up to six weeks for full results to become apparent. CoolGlide® does not prevent the formation of new veins, and repeat treatments may be necessary to maintain a clear complexion.
- Minimally invasive treatment for severe spider veins and varicose veins
- Can be used on patients of all skin tones
- Reserved for veins that cannot be treated with laser therapy
How It Works
A sclerosing (hardening) solution is injected directly into the visible vein through a micro-needle. The vein becomes tacky, and its walls stick together, destroying the vein and turning it white. The body eventually absorbs the vein, causing it to disappear. Compression stockings should be worn following the procedure to maximize the effectiveness of treatment.
There is little, if any, associated discomfort. You might experience minor bruising and swelling at the injection site. There is no recovery period; patients can resume normal activities immediately. You should wear compression garments to ensure the best results possible.
The veins treated with sclerotherapy are permanently destroyed. However, treatment doesn’t prevent the formation of new spider veins, and repeat treatment may be required to maintain ideal results.
- Invasive treatment for varicose veins
- Typically reserved for severe varicose veins that are large, painful, and causing medical complications
- Provides immediate pain relief after treatment
How It Works
Microphlebectomy is performed as an outpatient procedure and only requires a local anesthetic. A tiny incision is made on the varicose vein. The incision is just big enough to remove the vein but is often small enough that it won’t require stitches to close. Through the incision, the problematic vein is removed. The removal of the vein does not disrupt blood flow, as the blood is rerouted to other veins. The incisions are closed using adhesive tape. The procedure typically takes about an hour to perform.
You may experience swelling, bruising, or redness around the incision site. Many patients say they feel immediate relief from the pain caused by varicose veins upon their removal. Compression garments should be worn to achieve the best results. You will likely be able to resume normal activities immediately.
Rosacea, spider veins, and varicose veins are all chronic conditions. Vein therapies cannot prevent the formation of new vascular problems; they can only treat the existing ones. For this reason, routine treatments may be necessary to maintain your results. To prevent the formation of new spider or varicose veins, you should:
- Wear sunscreen to protect your skin from sun damage
- Exercise to improve circulation
- Maintain a healthy weight to avoid extra pressure on your legs
- Don’t cross your legs when sitting
- Elevate your legs when resting
- Avoid a high sodium diet
While you can attempt to prevent and minimize the effects of spider and varicose veins, in some cases, medical treatment is necessary. Vascular problems are unique to each patient we see. An individual’s vein therapy treatment is decided on a patient by patient basis. During your initial consultation, you will be advised as to which procedure best suits your needs. At Timeless Plastic Surgery, it is our focus to treat each patient with compassion, attention, and quality procedures.
Don’t let unsightly redness and veins ruin your complexion. Vein therapy can help you achieve a smooth, even skin tone and texture. Schedule your consultation at Timeless Plastic Surgery today. Contact our office by calling (281) 242-8463 (TIME), or fill out our online contact form here for more information.