Facelift – Timeless Lift (Rhytidectomy)
As we age, the collagen and fibers in our skin become weak. When this occurs, our skin’s elasticity diminishes and the skin begins to sag. Drooping facial tissues can prematurely age your face and make you look older than your years. Facelift surgery tightens facial muscles and removes excess skin to achieve a firmer, more youthful facial appearance.
One of the procedures that appeals to many of Dr. Chang’s patients is the Timeless Lift. The Timeless Lift is a perfect combination of facelift (rhytidectomy) and neck liposuction that can remove most of the visible signs of aging on the face and neck area. With the Timeless Lift, excess skin is removed, the muscles lying just under the skin are tightened, and excess fat in the neck is removed. Facial surgery is extremely complex and experience truly matters. Dr. Chang has performed thousands of facial surgical procedures over the years. “My patients are looking for a natural-looking improvement,” said Dr. Chang. “They don’t want to change themselves entirely, just improve in certain areas. With procedures like the Timeless Lift, I can give them the improvement they are looking for.” His practice, Timeless Plastic Surgery in Sugar Land, is the premiere “concierge-type” cosmetic surgery practice that caters to each patient and his/her individual needs and desires.
Ideal candidates for facelift surgery are in good general health and have realistic expectations of their procedure. People seeking facelift surgery can identify with one or more of the following:
- Drooping skin on the lower half of the face or neck
- Deep nasolabial folds
- The presence of sagging jowls
- The feeling that your facial appearance doesn’t reflect your youthful spirit
Facelift surgery is performed as an outpatient procedure sedation anesthesia. Incisions are discreetly placed along the hairline to provide access to the underlying muscular structure of the face. The skin is lifted and muscles are held in place with internal sutures. Excess skin gets trimmed away, and what remains is draped to highlight the new youthful contours of the face. The incisions are finally closed and dressings are applied.
- Traditional Facelift (SMAS): Incisions are located behind the ear and run up as far as the temples depending on the extent of correction needed. Incisions lie in the hairline to mask any possible scarring. This technique is ideal for the treatment of sagging skin around the cheeks and jawline.
- Mid-Facelift: Utilizes an incision just in front of the ear. This technique focuses on correcting drooping skin around the cheekbones, nasolabial folds, and mid-face.
- Mini Facelift: This technique is ideal for patients with limited facial sagging. It removes only skin from along the jawline that may be causing a lack of facial definition. A mini facelift may also be used as a “touch-up” for someone who has had a previous facelift years ago.
- Neck Lift: Removes excess skin and tightens the neck muscles to improve the appearance of sagging jowls and neck skin. Most often, a platysmaplasty is also necessary to tighten the muscle bands in the chin and neck areas.
- Liposuction: For qualifying patients, liposuction can be utilized as a part of the facelift process to remove unwanted excess fat. This procedure helps you achieve a better facial contour and is commonly used in the chin and neck.
Following your facelift surgery, you will experience some bruising, swelling, and redness. Your face and neck might feel tight, causing mild discomfort. Any associated pain is controlled using oral medication prescribed by your surgeon. It is important that you get plenty of rest and keep your head elevated during the week following your surgery. Avoid bending and heavy lifting. During your recovery period, avoid direct sun exposure to the skin. You may resume your regular routine, including exercise and makeup application, with your doctor’s permission. All major swelling should subside after six-eight weeks, at which time your final results will be noticeable. At Timeless Plastic Surgery, our surgeons take great care to minimize the appearance of scarring by placing your incisions discreetly in the hairline. Any visible scarring is likely to fade over time.
Facelift surgery provides long-lasting correction of sagging facial tissue. However, it does not halt the natural aging process. Non-invasive treatments such as laser skin treatments and facial fillers can be used periodically to help maintain bright, youthful skin longer after your facelift.
Don’t let sagging skin prematurely age your face. Facelift surgery can help you look as young as you feel. Schedule your consultation at Timeless Plastic Surgery today. Contact our office by calling (281) 242-8463 (TIME), or fill out our online contact form for more information.